Search this site
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Get started on a traditional, Real Food diet! Click on the photo!
- Nutty Granola – Grain-free, Paleo and Raw
- Is Drinking Raw Milk Like Playing Russian Roulette?
- Highlights of Nutrition for Chronic Disease Presentations at the Houston Wise Traditions Conference
- Nutritious Food is the Focus at the WAPF Nutrition and Health Conference
- Is Raw Milk Easier to Digest Than Pasteurized Milk?
- Vera on What’s for dinner? Surprise mystery meat with squash and tomatoes
- Carolyn Biggerstaff on Pros and Cons of Fosamax, Actonel, and Boniva for Osteoporosis and Osteopenia
- Jennie Gossage on Pros and Cons of Fosamax, Actonel, and Boniva for Osteoporosis and Osteopenia
- Is Drinking Raw Milk Like Playing Russian Roulette? | Real Food Houston on A CDC study carefully selects data and criteria to support anti-raw milk position
- Carolyn Biggerstaff on Nutritious Food is the Focus at the WAPF Nutrition and Health Conference
Major Topicsbutter cholesterol coconut flour fake food FARFA farmers market FDA food freedom food rights food safety FTCLDF genetically engineered glyphosate GMOs grain-free grassfed beef health healthy fats healthy foods heart disease homogenization local food meals monsanto nutrition organic paleo pasteurization pastured chicken pastured eggs pastured pork pesticides raw milk real food real food on a budget recipes restaurants saturated fat soy sustainable farming Texas food laws traditional food WAPF WAPF 2011 Conference what's for dinner
Category Archives: Fats
I did not get to attend many of the Saturday speaker tracks because I was greeting people and helping provide information at the Weston A. Price Foundation table. As co-leader of the Houston-Galveston chapter, I wanted to meet and welcome … Continue reading
Have you been avoiding gravies because you thought they were unhealthy? Traditional gravy really wasn’t unhealthy. It was usually made with fat from cooking meat or some butter, a little flour, and some homemade broth, milk, or cream. In fact, … Continue reading
That’s what my son said! He always likes the food I cook, but he said this Christmas dinner was maybe the best meal I’d ever prepared. Maybe he was just extra hungry, but he wasn’t the only one that enjoyed … Continue reading
Do you want to change your diet to a healthier, Real Food diet? Here are the steps to get you started! Continue reading
My family loves the earthy flavor of buckwheat pancakes, especially when served with lots of butter and a little real maple syrup. However, buckwheat doesn’t just taste good, it is also very nutritious. Buckwheat is not wheat. It’s not even … Continue reading
I recently came across the interesting story of how and why Crisco was developed and marketed. The history of Crisco is essentially the history of our modern lab-created, highly processed food. Through highly successful marketing, lab food has gradually and … Continue reading
Cholesterol does not cause heart disease, strokes, or atherosclerosis! Sound radical? More and more scientists, physicians, and researchers are admitting that the long time vilification of cholesterol is based on inadequate studies and misinterpreted results. In fact, our bodies need … Continue reading
We celebrated New Year’s Eve with a special treat this year. I fell in love with Mexican food when I moved to Texas many years ago, and although there are lots of Mexican restaurants here in Houston–in fact sometimes it … Continue reading
The widespread promotion in the U.S. of eating a low-fat diet began many decades ago. Since eating a low-fat diet almost always means eating a high carbohydrate diet, Americans have increased the carbohydrate content of their diet, especially highly refined, … Continue reading