Search this site
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Get started on a traditional, Real Food diet! Click on the photo!
- Nutty Granola – Grain-free, Paleo and Raw
- Is Drinking Raw Milk Like Playing Russian Roulette?
- Highlights of Nutrition for Chronic Disease Presentations at the Houston Wise Traditions Conference
- Nutritious Food is the Focus at the WAPF Nutrition and Health Conference
- Is Raw Milk Easier to Digest Than Pasteurized Milk?
- prefabricated houses in lebanon for sale on Grass-fed Beef Tostadas with Guacamole
- Carolyn Biggerstaff on Pros and Cons of Fosamax, Actonel, and Boniva for Osteoporosis and Osteopenia
- Jennie Gossage on Pros and Cons of Fosamax, Actonel, and Boniva for Osteoporosis and Osteopenia
- Is Drinking Raw Milk Like Playing Russian Roulette? | Real Food Houston on A CDC study carefully selects data and criteria to support anti-raw milk position
- Carolyn Biggerstaff on Nutritious Food is the Focus at the WAPF Nutrition and Health Conference
Major Topicsbutter cholesterol coconut flour fake food FARFA farmers market FDA food freedom food rights food safety FTCLDF genetically engineered glyphosate GMOs grain-free grassfed beef health healthy fats healthy foods heart disease homogenization local food meals monsanto nutrition organic paleo pasteurization pastured chicken pastured eggs pastured pork pesticides raw milk real food real food on a budget recipes restaurants saturated fat soy sustainable farming Texas food laws traditional food WAPF WAPF 2011 Conference what's for dinner
Tag Archives: pastured pork
Have you ever pulled something out of the freezer to thaw for dinner and found out when you opened the package it wasn’t what you thought it was? One day I decided it was time for some grassfed beef liver, … Continue reading
My husband and I just visited a new (only open two weeks) restaurant for lunch yesterday. The food was very tasty (I ate every bite of my lunch and sampled my husband’s potatoes too), and, best of all we didn’t … Continue reading
Important Update, May 24, 2013: I removed Chipotle from the recommended restaurants list in September of 2012 because the chain was not providing important information about their ingredients; however, I have added them back to the list because the chain … Continue reading
Helena Bottemiller of The Food and Environment Reporting Network says “few Americans outside of the livestock industry have ever heard of ractopamine.” Well, I certainly had never heard of ractopamine before reading her article today. Apparently it’s a drug fed to pigs right up … Continue reading
Although I’ve talked about this before, I thought it was time to take another look at what I think REAL FOOD is, since, after all, my blog is called REAL FOOD Houston. As a start, look at the photograph in … Continue reading
After a somewhat lean summer for produce due to the extreme drought and high heat, we are now enjoying a wonderful fall with a bountiful choice of vegetables and fruits at my local farmers market. The photo at left is just one weekend’s haul including cauliflower, broccoli, eggplant … Continue reading
The Weston A. Price 2011 Conference was enjoyable for so many reasons–seeing friends, meeting new ones, learning about health and nutrition–but, since attending my first conference, one of the most fun reasons to attend is to eat the delicious and oh so healthy food … Continue reading
This isn’t exactly a recipe, but I just had to write about the piecrusts I made for my son’s birthday pies–his favorite chocolate cream pie. This was the first time I had available real, non-hydrogenized, local lard, from Revival Market, so I made the … Continue reading