Search this site
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Get started on a traditional, Real Food diet! Click on the photo!
- Sugar is Slow Poison, says Dr. Robert Lustig | Real Food Houston on Could You Give Up Sugar?
- Sugar Brain Fog | Real Food Houston on Analysis Shows No Association of Saturated Fat With Cardiovascular Disease
- On the Real Food News Front – 07-24-14 | Real Food Houston on Food writers – what they don’t talk about!
- On the Real Food News Front – 07-24-14 | Real Food Houston on Banana Cocoa Smoothie
- Recipe: Home Cooked Beans Can Boost Your Food Budget | Real Food Houston on Grass-fed Beef Tostadas with Guacamole
Major Topicsbutter cancer cholesterol coconut flour FARFA farmers market FDA food freedom food rights food safety FTCLDF genetically engineered glyphosate GMOs grain-free grassfed beef health healthy fats healthy foods heart disease homogenization local food meals monsanto nutrition organic paleo pasteurization pastured chicken pastured eggs pastured pork pesticides raw milk real food real food on a budget recipes restaurants saturated fat soy sustainable farming Texas food laws traditional food WAPF WAPF 2011 Conference what's for dinner
Tag Archives: soy
No, we certainly don’t take better care of CAFO animals, including pigs, than we do people; however, sometimes it almost seems that way. Scientists at the University of Illinois have discovered that fermented soybean meal (FSBM) allows pigs to better … Continue reading
A new fake meat has been marketed by Beyond Meat ™–Veggie Chicken Strips [the brand name doesn't use quotation marks around chicken, but it seems to me that it should.]. I’ve updated my post about fake meats with this new product. See “Demand … Continue reading
The Salt blog on NPR.com says in its article Meat Substitute Market Beefs Up: “110 new meat substitute products were introduced in 2010 and 2011 . . . giving people who are looking for tasty alternatives to meat a lot more … Continue reading
The European Commission approved BASF’s genetically engineered Amflora potato for cultivation in the European Union in March 2010. Amflora is now grown in open fields in Germany, Sweden, and the Czech Republic. The Amflora potato has been engineered to contain … Continue reading